FT, $12.00+ DOE, plus commissions (yearly pay range $22k to $50k)
Onsite and bench Technician; Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and upgrades computer hardware, software, personal computer networks, peripheral equipment and email systems; assesses user training needs and trains users in effective use of applications; makes recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions; prepares documentation and provides user assistance to clientele; and performs related work as required.
Some of the technologies we work with include; Micrsoft Windows desktop operating systems XP through Win8, Microsoft Server technologies, and VMware.
- CompTIA A+ Certified
- MCSE/MCP/Network+ certifications a plus
- Good planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional presentation and appearance
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Basic Microsoft Windows Server Administration skills
- Knowledge of routers, firewalls and TCP/IP protocol
- Have a reliable vehicle that you can use every day for work
- Be able to work standing on occasion and lift 50lbs
Apply for this position
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables and rewires or directs the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data.
- Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services.
- Assists in instructing clients in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; provides instruction or written documentation where required.